Spay and Neuter Assistance
The Culpeper Humane Society offers two spay/neuter and vaccination options:
Transport to low cost vet clinics
- Provides a low-cost option to in-office veterinary care
- Leaves from a central location in Culpeper on a monthly basis
- Spay/neuter and surgical patients are transported to low cost vet clinics for treatment
- Our furry patients are delivered back to the same location that evening
- Culpeper Humane Society patients receive a complete wellness exam, spay/neuter, distemper and rabies vaccination. $65 for female cat and approximately $100 for a puppy/dog (depending on size, add $20 if over 50#s and another $20 if over 75#s).
- Micro-chip is only $20!
- Due to Covid, we have used several different clinics, so costs may be slightly different, other services are available too
- Offers a free spay/neuter, distemper and rabies vaccinations option to qualified families in need
- To qualify you must be a senior, disabled, a participant of SAFE, SNAP and/or have qualified through Social Services for assistance, other examples of public assistance include; EBT Card, Proof of disability, Medicaid, SNAP, Unemployment, WIC
- Proof of eligibility will be required via a jpg
Process to Apply:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form to the right and tell us which option best matches you (if eligible for Support 4 Paws then send proof as a jpeg)
- We will send you a pet form to fill out and submit back to us
- A logistical email of all the details will be sent to you closer to the vet van date.
- Filling out forms completely, getting registered asap secures a time slot on the van and keeping all correspondence on one email thread avoids confusion.
If you do not want to wait for the Care-A-Van and your dog/cat needs vaccinations, worming, micro-chipping or other services (not surgical), you may want to consider the Tractor Supply Company clinic:
Tractor Supply Company
588 Culpeper Town Mall Culpeper, VA 22701
State licensed veterinarians administer high-quality vaccines and microchips with no appointment and no office visit fees. Simply show up during the regular clinic hours, every Saturday from 4:00pm until 5:30pm, NO appointments necessary, NO office vet fee!
Let us know what program you are interested in:
The Culpeper Humane Society Spay and Neuter Assistance
We are honored to partner with Culpeper Media to get the word out about our spay and neuter assistance program. Check out the interview here!