Spay and Neuter Assistance
The Culpeper Humane Society offers two spay/neuter and vaccination options:
A mobile vet van from the Charlottesville SPCA
- Provides a low-cost option to in-office veterinary care
- Comes to a central location in Culpeper on a monthly basis
- Exams, vaccinations and simple veterinary procedures are done in the mobile clinic
- Spay/neuter and surgical patients are transported to their clinic in Charlottesville for treatment
- Our furry patients are delivered back to the same location that evening
- Culpeper Humane Society patients receive a complete wellness exam, spay/neuter, distemper and rabies vaccination. $65 for female cat and approximately $100 for a puppy/dog (depending on size, add $20 if over 50#s and another $20 if over 75#s).
- Micro-chip is only $20!
- Offers a free spay/neuter, distemper and rabies vaccinations option to qualified families in need
- To qualify you must be a senior, disabled, a participant of SAFE, SNAP and/or have qualified through Social Services for assistance, other examples of public assistance include; EBT Card, Proof of disability, Medicaid, SNAP, Unemployment, WIC
- Proof of eligibility will be required via a jpg
Process to Apply:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form to the right and tell us which option best matches you (if eligible for Support 4 Paws then send proof as a jpeg)
- We will send you a pet form to fill out and submit back to us
- A logistical email of all the details will be sent to you closer to the vet van date.
- Filling out forms completely, getting registered asap secures a time slot on the van and keeping all correspondence on one email thread avoids confusion.
If you do not want to wait for the Care-A-Van and your dog/cat needs vaccinations, worming, micro-chipping or other services (not surgical), you may want to consider the Tractor Supply Company clinic:
Tractor Supply Company
588 Culpeper Town Mall Culpeper, VA 22701
State licensed veterinarians administer high-quality vaccines and microchips with no appointment and no office visit fees. Simply show up during the regular clinic hours, every Saturday from 4:00pm until 5:30pm, NO appointments necessary, NO office vet fee!